When you shop with J Hewit & Sons Ltd via our web site (www.hewit.com and www.hewitonline.com),
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register and place an order on our web site or when contacting us by letter, email or telephone. When ordering or registering online, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. When ordering by letter, email or telephone, we may ask you for some or all of this information too. We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Information
We collect customer data for the following reasons:
- for the purpose of fulfilling an order or enquiry and for providing services that customers have requested.
- for traceability and in case we need to contact a customer regarding a product recall.
- to comply with legislation where we are required to keep records for 7 years.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested.
- To process your order or manage your account.
- Passing on your address, email and/or telephone number to delivery companies.
- To help with any questions if you have started an online, but have been unable to complete it.
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers.
- To keep track of sales and enquiries.
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mails newsletters, we will send you periodic e-mails to keep you informed about the products and services that we offer and links to our biannual newsletter, 'Skin Deep'. If you would no longer like to receive these e-mails from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information online, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We contract with third-party service providers such as 'Google Analytics' and 'Add This', both offering statistical data services to better help us run our business by understanding our site visitors. These cookies collect IP addresses, operating system and browser information. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business. These third-party services have separate and independent privacy policies.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser's (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser 'Help' menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you decide turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience with us more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you may still place orders over the telephone or by contacting us via email or letter.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with a better experience, we often include third party from our site. These linked sites should all have their own separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We DO NOT sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. It includes website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you (such us delivery companies), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
We use Mail Chimp as our mailing list provider. They have their own 'code of practice', which strictly adheres to the GDPR. Our customers are able 'opt-in' to our mailing list in several ways:
- When ordering from our web site (hosted by Volusion), as part of the registration process customers are presented with the following un-ticked box:
[ ] I wish to receive occasional newsletter emails from J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.
Several times a month, customers who have ticked the box, are then manually added to the Mail Chimp Mailing List. There is one senior member of staff who undertakes this process.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
- For those visiting our web site -
www.hewit.com, but not necessarily wishing to purchase, we have a 'Sign-up for Newsletter' box on the front page. Completing this box with name and email address, will take you directly to the Mail Chimp web site where the details will be added to the mailing list.
Under no circumstances are customers added to our mailing list without their explicit consent requesting to do so.
Our customers who have set up online accounts, can log-in to the 'My Account' of the online shop to amend their personal information. If you only shop with us by mail-order (email, letter or telephone), please contact us so that we may amend your details manually.
Our customers are able to 'opt-out' of our mailing list in several ways:
- On every marketing email that is sent, there is an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the page.
- Alternatively, customers may reply to these emails with the words 'REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST' in the subject line. In these instances, customers names will be removed manually within 3 days.
- Customers may also write to us directly asking to have them names removed from the mailing list. In these instances, customers names will be removed manually within 3 days.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please write to us by letter. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an online account you can always update your details in the account settings.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.