When you shop with J Hewit & Sons Ltd via our web site (www.hewit.com and
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register and place an order on our web site or when contacting us by letter, email or telephone. When ordering or registering online, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. When ordering by letter, email or telephone, we may ask you for some or all of this information too. We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Information
We collect customer data for the following reasons:
- for the purpose of fulfilling an order or enquiry and for providing services that customers have requested.
- for traceability and in case we need to contact a customer regarding a product recall.
- to comply with legislation where we are required to keep records for 7 years.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested.
- To process your order or manage your account.
- Passing on your address, email and/or telephone number to delivery companies.
- To help with any questions if you have started an online, but have been unable to complete it.
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers.
- To keep track of sales and enquiries.
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mails newsletters, we will send you periodic e-mails to keep you informed about the products and services that we offer and links to our biannual newsletter, 'Skin Deep'. If you would no longer like to receive these e-mails from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information online, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser's (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser 'Help' menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you decide turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience with us more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you may still place orders over the telephone or by contacting us via email or letter.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with a better experience, we often include third party links from our site. These linked sites should all have their own separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We DO NOT sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. It includes website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you (such us delivery companies), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
We use Mail Chimp as our mailing list provider. They have their own 'code of practice', which strictly adheres to the GDPR. Our customers are able 'opt-in' to our mailing list in several ways:
- When ordering from our web site (hosted by Volusion), as part of the registration process customers are presented with the following un-ticked box:
[ ] I wish to receive occasional newsletter emails from J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.
Several times a month, customers who have ticked the box, are then manually added to the Mail Chimp Mailing List. There is one senior member of staff who undertakes this process.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
- For those visiting our web site -
www.hewit.com, but not necessarily wishing to purchase, we have a 'Sign-up for Newsletter' box on the front page. Completing this box with name and email address, will take you directly to the Mail Chimp web site where the details will be added to the mailing list.
Under no circumstances are customers added to our mailing list without their explicit consent requesting to do so.
Our customers who have set up online accounts, can log-in to the 'My Account' of the online shop to amend their personal information. If you only shop with us by mail-order (email, letter or telephone), please contact us so that we may amend your details manually.
Our customers are able to 'opt-out' of our mailing list in several ways:
- On every marketing email that is sent, there is an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the page.
- Alternatively, customers may reply to these emails with the words 'REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST' in the subject line. In these instances, customers names will be removed manually within 3 days.
- Customers may also write to us directly asking to have them names removed from the mailing list. In these instances, customers names will be removed manually within 3 days.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please write to us by letter. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an online account you can always update your details in the account settings.
CCTV Policy at our Livingston Premises
What information do we collect? - Outside of working hours, our CCTV system will be activated. It will capture motion just outside the reception doors, and motion and sound within the reception. This system will not be activated during working hours, and cannot be used to monitor customers or staff performance. The only time an employee would be captured by the camera is if they are on site outside of working hours, such as when a keyholder enters the premises when the alarm system has been activated.
Lawful basis for collecting information - J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. have a legitimate interest to collect this information. It is used for the prevention and detection of crime, & the safeguarding of the premises and the staff.
Who maintains and has access to this security footage? - Andrew Barlee maintains the CCTV system. Roger Barlee & David Lanning will also be able to view footage that has been recorded.
How do we protect your information? - Footage is stored securely on an encrypted server. Only J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. directors have permission to access, view, and disclose the footage. They will only disclose the footage as detailed below. Footage is kept for 30 days before being automatically removed.
Do we disclose information to outside parties? The term "outside parties" refers to anyone other than J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.
• We may release copies of footage:
• To law enforcement if an offence has been committed and captured on camera
• When we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law
• To insurance companies if the camera has captured footage relevant to an insurance claim
• To protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety
Can you request to have footage of yourself removed? - If you are caught on camera and have had a legitimate reason to be on the premises outside of working hours, then you may request footage of yourself to be deleted. This will be actioned within 1 business day. If you are caught on camera when you should not be on premises, and/or when committing an offence, then this footage will be kept and may need to be passed to outside parties, as detailed above.
Changes to our policy - If we decide to change our CCTV policy, we will post those changes on this page. Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change. This policy was last modified on 22th December 2022
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to [email protected].
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.